Thursday, April 14, 2005

Fuck you MSN

So while I was innocently traversing the Internet the other day, I received an MSN im from my good friend Emily Cox. The message read "It's You!" followed by a link that, when clicked on, would lead me to a picture of myself. I know what you're thinking... only the most novice of computer users (read: a first class idiot) would ever click on such a link. Unfortunately, I am an unbelievably narcisistic person and was woefully seduced by this seemingly harmless link. The romantic promise of seeing a picture of myself on the internet was more than I could refuse, so I clicked on it, naturally. As you can imagine, I was met by a bombardment of critical error windows. The best part was that my MSN account automatically sent the same message to every single person on my MSN list who was online. I'm convinced that this was a secret ploy by MSN to not only make it unbearably clear to me that I'm really an idiot, but to also make it crystal clear to everyone else. But the admission of guilt didn't stop there, Mark and I then had to invite his computer-savvy friend Wayne to come over. We bribed him with cake, blueberry muffins and filtered water in an attempt to convince him to debug the system, which was at that point infected with an HIV class computer virus. So everything's back to normal now, but I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I was prevented from blogging for an entire day. It was truly a blogger nightmare and I don't know if I'll ever recover from the trauma.

Alas, I guess it's just not a bankable day until you've had your ass served to you by Bill Gates and his bastard love child MSN.

Fucker.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nam LaMore said...

sorry to hear about your run-in with MSN. i've been fooled once or twice into a scam that you fell for. i'm convince that MSFT allows their software to be very unsecure so they can, somehow, make money.

i now run multiple security software, and haven't had much problem with this sort of problems.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home