Wednesday, October 22, 2008

a gradual curve

logic and reason.
they are two forces by which i have so rarely been ruled. they float around my consciousness like so many bits of dust and debris; their influence more often overshadowed by the force of my heart. they beg me to go slowly, to take care, to think through each word before it leaves my lips.

but my heart works so much harder.
and my heart has so many other plans...

since the first day, since the first moment there was a clarity from which i couldn't disconnect, to which i couldn't relate any reason. and so instead of being patient and quiet, i memorized the sound of your voice, the shape of your hands, the movement of your eyes, the pauses in the conversation that were already striking me like lightning.

logic and reason dictate to us that these things take time. they take years to stretch and grow and ebb into a gradual curve. like old, silvercoated photographs that blacken in the natural light, things that happen too quickly can vanish just as quickly.

but...
my heart works so much harder.
and my heart has so many other plans...

4 Comments:

Blogger C.S. Perry said...

I once opened a fortune cookie that said:
"You will be surprised by the Infinite Capacity of your own Heart."

The only thing that has ever really surprised me was its seeming Infinite Capacity for breaking.

11:51 PM  
Blogger tiff brown said...

your words make me think and feel. thank you for that.

9:39 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

thank you, tiffany.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

Your words and perspective are beautiful.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home