Monday, November 14, 2005

"someplace holy, like the vatican..."

today i bought enormous headphones. they sound beautiful. now i just need the matching enyce jacket and pink baby phat shoes (smarm, smarm).

also- i wrote for hours today. on paper! it made me realize how over indulgent my computer use has become and, as a result, i can barely hold a pen anymore. my hand was cramping like crazy and my handwriting is SHIT.

so i've decided something...

people with perfect handwriting must never feel pressed by their thoughts. when i'm writing i feel like i'm in a race with my mind, and if i don't get everything out as quickly as possible, it will all be lost to the abyss.

so that's that.
and this is this (something from the vault):

(jm: hey, do you mind if i submit this to be considered for the english award?)
(ad: no, you can submit it.)
(jm: ok, good, because you already won.)
(ad: i'm so wicked.)

Head Full of Water
head full of water
like my head full of water
i only care about what's brand new
but that's me
all skin
and skin deep

used to be time was crucial
but now i could just sleep
for twenty one out of twenty four
if i thought i could get away with it
like so many other things
i just lie
lie like its the end of the world
and all that's at stake
isn't my integrity
it's yours
and my head full of water

like a head full of water
i only care about
whats in your pockets
but that's just me
all skin
and skin deep

used to be faith was crucial
but not for pagans like me
not for bastards like me
and now they're one in five
by your nineteenth birthday
like so many other things
it's not me praying
it's just me hearing
what i want to
through a head full of water

like a head full of water
i only care about your next one
but that's me
all skinned
and skin deep

8 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

i always start writing with as perfect handwriting as I'm capable but I get tired and sloppy pretty quickly...

its not worth my worry to think about how awful my handwriting is...

9:09 PM  
Blogger Calzone said...

thanks for coming over you cool

11:03 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

uhhh...i thought you were a primary school teacher? don't you people have creepy perfect chalkboard writing?

i'm so confused.

calzone: you too, yo.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I'm a substitute teacher, so in theory I have been a primary school teacher for about 2 weeks total...
I have to try SO HARD to make my handwriting legible for the little kiddies, and I fail miserably..
Thats why I prefer high school. They don't care if you have bad handwriting, cause they are used to deciphering their friends chicken scratch.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

too bad u dont never post on Taking the Brim anymore, show your work around

12:52 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

i'll post today robert...just for you:)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

excellent

we need some poetic souljahs over there...getting kinda quiet

6:29 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

okay- so i can't find any of my saved stuff from toronto----which is to say that until i finish unpacking those last four boxes that i stashed in the closet...i've got nothin.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home