Monday, May 16, 2005

I had a dream last night, and it fit me like a glove

Holy shit I haven't blogged in three days. It's almost like I grew a life over the weekend (except that I didn't). Actually, I hosted a little family dinner yesterday where I expressed my goddess-like kitchen prowess with breaded chicken breast, roasted potatoes and honey carrots. Also, Mark brought a bottle of wine for everyone to have with dinner, but somehow I ended up drinking it all myself and spending the rest of the evening trying to look sober in front of his mom.

After everyone left, I made like the classy bitch that I am and passed out on the futon. Of course, I woke up around 11 which left lots of time for Mark and I to watch that episode of Buffy where Faith accidentally stakes a human and pretends to be all upset but it turns out she doesn't really care. She's so bad-ass.

So it might have been the booze, it might have been the Buffy, it might have been neither of those things, but I had a crazy dream last night and despite my drunken state, I managed to write it down:

It's summertime and really hot and so I decide to go for a walk. When I get outside, I see that it's snowing (even though it still feels hot). I'm standing in front of my apartment building and there's not a single person or car in sight. I head toward the crosswalk and I see a 1930's Ford roadster (pale yellow with burgundy accents) driving through the snow with the top still down. He's swerving all over the road because it's covered in slush and his car has those shitty thin tires. He crashes into a fruit stand (or something) and hits a van which begins to skid in the opposite direction somehow (towards me) but it turns out I'm on the other side of the street so I just watch it pass in front of me, hitting some other cars and objects I'm not sure of. All of a sudden, there are hundreds of people milling around - some taking pictures, some cops, some EMS and some just rubbernecking. Then a man appears and he hands me two plastic picture frames that are marked as evidence with times and dates on them. He says to me, "These are your cards" and I have no idea what that means. I look closely at the frames and I see a note that says "Can you tell us what happened" and I realize that I'm supposed to take them to the police and give a statement. But when I look at the frames again, and hidden like a 3-D image are photos of the accident. Only they're just a little different than how I remember things taking place. When I look at the photos again, I begin to think that they are right and that what I saw was incorrect. Then I wonder for a minute why they need my statement if they already have pictures of what supposedly happened. I can't find the guy who gave the "cards" to me so I decide to go to the police and give them my statement but then I just put the "cards" in my pocket and go home instead.

Man, I have to try and curb my sunday drinking from now on.

6 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

Yeah, rock out, whatever!
I love that song...

7:13 PM  
Blogger Nam LaMore said...

i think that you're giving us a glimpse of the future. but i can't really make out what you're trying to tell us -- the national ID card, a bad idea? are we entering an ice age? are 12 monkeys involved?

please channel your future-self again, we need answers. the picture is still too fuzzy.

7:51 PM  
Blogger mcgibfried said...

sunday drinking should never be "curbed!"
just tell everyone you're catholic and you can drink yourself blind on sundays!

8:45 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

LOZ: yeah that's a great song. and it's on a great soundtrack for baz luhrman's romeo and juliet.

NAM: it felt like it was sort of a futuristic age. there was a very orwellian theme going on with the cards changing how the accident happened. i rarely ever remember my dreams, that's why this one stands out. plus it was crazy-vivid.

MCGIBFRIED: will do!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

I managed to find the Romeo + Juliet s'track on sale for $10 (instead of $30 - whoo). I also love the Wannadies song on there and I can't think of the name of it but the song that starts "Well you may not see me when you come back..."
Great soundtrack...

6:51 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

I sometimes remind myself that "recent concrete details may be inaccurate."

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home