Saturday, July 30, 2005

Click any picture to enlarge, biyotch

Finally here are the pictures from my trip to Algonquin. I wrote several witty and illuminating diary entries but can’t be bothered to post them.

The abridged version:

Departure time: 4:58 am Friday morning
Worst meal: breakfast in Huntsville at 7am was sick. (and not the cool ‘sick’ like the kids say either)
Biggest fight: Mark and I become ravenous creatures of the wild when paired in a canoe together
Worst Dressed: My sister, Tabitha had ‘poo ass’ for three days after accidentally sitting on a muddy rock mere hours into the excursion
Coolest effect: Cory can impersonate anyone’s fart tone for tone
Reigning Champs: Cory and I served Tabi and Mark their own asses in Euchrefest Algonquin Edition part Deux.
Best View: Sunset on Casey Lake
Best quote: “Monotheism is for those who have cut down all the trees” Mark

Oh yeah, and just so everyone knows, most of the rock formations in Algonquin Provincial Park are part of the Canadian shield. And don’t fucken say that they aren’t cuz the rest of the Canadians will jump on you like George W on an Arab.



mark sleeping on the way up


the hawk


tabi and cory at the launch spot


the campsite at eyelet lake


tabi and i at eyelet


i'm a lumberjack


casey lake


sitting on some canadian shield

15 Comments:

Blogger GingerSnaps said...

that place looks very relaxing..im jealous. oh, wait, i live in minnesota, ill be up in 5 hours..woohoo.

i see your a fan of bandanas too. arent they the best invention ever??

11:21 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I have no memory of peace and quiet. But it looks like it might actually be possible there.

Tell me: what was it like breathing fresh air and not hearing motorized vehicles?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

my that's a nice gneiss you're sittin on in the last pic.

and yea, all of algonquin should be on the shield.

those pics have me all the more stoked to get up there. T-minus 3 and a half weeks.

4:38 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

lil red: that's the first time i've ever worn a bandana. i felt like a biker. a pink biker.

tony: ah, your youthful pessimism is so refreshing

uber: at night, it was like we were all whispering to each other because talking in a regular voice sounded like shouting because sounds carry across the water.

9:11 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

aaron: you're hitting algonquin? or just muskoka?

9:11 AM  
Blogger Uly said...

Your holiday looks so lovely. I wanna go on holiday like yours!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

I don't think that those rock formations in Algonquin Provincial Park are part of the Canadian shield. I'm pretty sure that's not right.

I have no idea what the Canadian Shield is, but you told me not to do something and that made me wanna do it all the more. I'm a bad boy like that. yeah.

Looks like you had a mighty-fine trip there, young lady. Glad you made it back safe and sound and wholly bear-free.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Goin to Algonquin (Rock Lake).

2:01 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

see nick, i said that it wasn't canadian shield and everyone made fun of me.

now i have to make fun of you. (darn)

aaron: don't forget to stop at weber's on the way up.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

i might forego webers and do Licks in Barrie, we'll see how my mood strikes me.

as for the Shield debate, as an Earth Science undergrad I can assure you that the rock under algonquin is considered some of the youngest or latest that is considered 'shield'. Just north of Orillia I think is where you start seeing (if you're coming south) limestones and shales that were put down much later and are not shield. Alright, I promise, I'm finished.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Preposterous!

10:33 PM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

Looks like a splendid time dia! I heard from close sources that canada has trash cans placed strategically across the state. Would that be the Canadian Shield?

1:42 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

aaron: forgo webers? are you mad? also, earth science = hot.

oh and cheyenne, what 'state' are you referring to exactly? up here in can-a-da we have pro-vinc-es.

word.

2:13 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

what happened to you americans? your all talking like your from canada, eh.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

"earth science = hot"

oh yea, for sure, I do believe they are cross-listed in the dictionary.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home