Tuesday, July 19, 2005

my thighs have been involved in many accidents and now i can't get insured and i don't need to be lured by you...

human emotions.

what else can i add to that? when those two words are uttered, even without the context, all faces in the room become awash in general understanding.

sure, we're all fictional here in blogland. who we say we are, what we say we do, how we pretend to feel, the books we say we've read, the sex we claim to have had. whether it's true or not is irrelevant because these actions and words all exist on an alternate level. all that's real is the chemical reaction that occurs inside, behind the eyes that stare blankly at a computer screen. inside, human emotions react in real time to all of the fiction we experience.

we know it's not real, we know that by and large people are lying all the time. but at the same time, when we find out nothing is true- we feel betrayed. it's a cyclical madness that everyone has fallen prey to at one time or another.

i lied
you lied
he lied
she lied

these human emotions take no prisoners. and who can blame them?

every inch of your disregard is coming out of the woodwork now. for whatever reason, it hasn't changed you at all in my mind, i've never expected golden halos from anyone who writes a diary in plain sight (or i wouldn't be here doing it myself).

don't expect miracles
and you won't get fooled.

say that ten times fast, and despite your efforts you'll still be a victim one day.

9 Comments:

Blogger SS said...

"Don't expect miracles
and you won't get fooled."

I love that.

Can I steal it from you? I want to add it to my blog, but I will give you credit for it.

In every other aspect of my life, I live by the motto of if you don't expect anything then you won't be let down. In the blogging world, I guess I kinda threw my motto out the window. Dumb.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Has someone just pissed you off, or is this general sort of blog musing? Either way, powerful stuff - if a little on the jaded side. :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

my motto was" no more frickin one-night stands" ya that lasted about 3 days. dont feel bad sandra we all let our guard down for fools that dont deserve us.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Diadima, you are a smart and lovely young lady.

You are indeed hope for the Future.

3:00 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

sandra- you can totally steal it

owl- no one has pissed me off personally (not recently anyway), just empathizing with the situations of others. i like to think of it as more realistic than jaded. of course, its easy to be a realist from the outside looking in. when you're in it, reality tends to distort.

lilred- i've always thought of one-night stands as being a trick. they start out with the promise of being abbreviated events of sexual satisfaction and always seem to come back to bite you in the ass.

3:07 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

thank you ubie

3:07 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

you know what i find weirda bout one-night stands..your supposed to be able to let go and have fun, but i can never do that. it take sme awhile to get comfortable enough to do the things i like..like giving massages and play with food, you know, the fun stuff, but if your having a one-night stand and the sex is no good, you dont get to the point of another one, then not to the point of comfort. thats why im not doing it anymore. i think i might actually date first.i just hate the headgames and all that crap...ok, ill stop now

lol, headgames, how appropriate.

3:11 PM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

I tend to look at blogdom as entertainment. Some of it comical and some of it dark. I enjoy reading what my fellow human biengs think on occasion. Now something wonderful yet curious has happened. I've actually reached out and spoken to a few of you. I normally never did that because it feels too impersonal but hey what the hell. I figure none of you will ever see me therefore I still enjoy alot of anonymity and can still express myself. Is that what this is about? Is my ego swelling to the size of a small supernova whith each comment I leave? Who knows but I do realize I enjoy bloggin more now than I did when i was sittin back in the shadows. None of you are real but your a part of my reality on a daily basis.

4:15 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

i feel the same way cheyenne.

i spend all this time writing, reading and commenting on this world that in my mind i think of as entirely fictional. (except of course for anthony, who i know is a real person as we lived on the same floor in second year)

when people react emotionally to things in blogs i feel like shouting out 'but it's even real!'. and what i'm finding out is that it can become real. and then of course, there's backlash to deal with.

for my end of things, i read and enjoy every blog on my blogroll. end of story.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home