Monday, August 15, 2005

check your inner asshole at the door, pleaze

loz from oz sez it's time for a new post.

loz from oz who pratically abandonned us all during her move over some lack of internet connection b.s (hello, internet cafes!) sez it's time for a new post.

just for the record, i was going to write one today anyway.

today's post is about texas hold'em poker. these days, i feel like everywhere i turn, a group of assholes have a game on the go. I guess there's nothing wrong with the game itself, my issue is with the people who take it a touch too seriously. Mark and I went to a poker party on the weekend and there were a few people there who refused to drink (losers) and wouldn't let anyone else buy into the game after it started. On top of that, they sat there with their bitter, fucking, jackoff faces cuz they were losing to all the rest of the retardedly polluted people at the table. they also upped the buy-in to $20. why? cuz they're losers and thought they'd hustle all of their innocent drunken friends. then when it came time to split the pot, they still took 40%. of course no one realized, because we'd all done shots of vodka. it was ridiculous.

that's my beef for the day. it's a card game. AND, it's hamilton, not fucking vegas. average losers who act like they're the ken jennings of texas hold'em just fucken annoy everyone else and suck the fun out of the evening harder than jenna jameson.

that is all.

oh yeah, in other news. mark thinks i'm turning into a lush. he's threatening to lock me up like kirsten from the o.c. more on that later.

11 Comments:

Blogger GingerSnaps said...

i beat nine of my male friends in a tournament and they got pissed off at me...why? because i was wasted and still played better than them. they said at the next tourney i was not allowed to drink becasue i was too unpredictable, yet they all had drinks in their hands? i think that boys are just sore losers..

keep on soakin up the booze dia...its fun!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Gordy said...

I have been trying to learn this game, but I prefer PaiGow poker, much easier.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I think they were dazzled by your beauty and found themselves unable to concentrate.

Did you wear the low-cut blouse again?

5:42 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

...you can't flip through the lower 30 channels on your cable box without finding a game of hold em either. Its ridiculous really. Sure its fun to play once in a while, but do we really need to be able to watch it 24/7?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

I could have missed my calling. I never played poker in my life, but I might be fantastic if I did. Who knows?

7:46 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

I sez'd please!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

Oh, and I just started watching some of this World Poker Championship stuff on TV, it's kind of addictive. I don't play the game myself, but I know all the lingo. I don't think it's hold em poker though, it's the one with the cards in the middle and then they get, no then they turn over the one with... ok, i don't know the lingo.

5:22 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

lil red: booze it is!

gordy: the game itself is fun- it's the poor-sport jackoffs that ruin it

uber: but of course!!

aaron: it's one of the most watched 'sports' on tv right now. retarded.

owl: check it out. you could be a champ and not even know it

anthony: EXACTLY!!!

loz: i think the whole lingo thing is designed to make the players feel special and elitest. it's like, hello, it's a saloon game!

underhill: quelle surprise...

7:07 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

dia, its not him.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

poker is so clicky. or is it cliquey?

6:34 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

The Ken Jennings of poker is actually a guy named Gus Hansen. He's unnaturally good. I watch poker a lot on tv and play quite a bit too, but the only time I take it seriously is in a tournamnet or the saturday game at my old bosses house. I take it seriously (meaning no drinking, paying constant attention etc.) because there is a great deal of money involved in both instances. I too can't stand those jackasses that buy into a pick-up game and think it's the fucking WSoP. That's why I take all their money.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home