Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I am a scavenger between the sheets of union

So last night I worked my first closing shift at West Town. I was on the non-smoking side and it was boring as shit, but I did surprisingly ok money-wise. Tomorrow I get my first paycheck (on a wednesday, I know, strange) and I'm already thinking of ways to spend every last cent of it. Of course, there are things like groceries, utilities, outstanding tuition fees (anyone else notice that all of those words rhyme?)...

But I say bump that! I'm thinking more along the lines of shoes, jaunty scarves and junk food. Hells yeah.

In other news, the apartment is starting to come together nicely. On the weekend, Mark and I hung up most of the art so it has more of a homey feel going on now. We also finally found the speaker wires (in the same box as the cookie cutters and small kitchen appliances, figure that one out) which means I can now listen to Take You on a Cruise at outrageous volumes. Of course, that's just until 7pm when my neighbour accross the hall turns his hearing aid on to watch Wheel of Fortune.

Mark and I are thinking of going to see a movie tonight. Any suggestions?


'Two Faces' A. Di Maggio 2004

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I finally decided head over here and check this out and I must say you've got yourself one incredible blog. As for the movie, I suggest Crash. Its an excellent film set in LA about race, fear and loneliness. Plus the music is killer, and the added bonus that it was driected, written and created by Canada's boy (man) genius Paul Haggis who has been responsible for such incredible feats of filmmaking as the screenplays for Million Dollar Baby and more episodes of Due South than you can shake a stick at.

5:31 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

thanks anthony. to all the rest, you may recognize anthony pereira from such blog posts as my first one, 'every time you close your eyes' located in the april archives.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

I have the same problem every month when I get paid (that's right - monthly pay). it's scary having thousands of dollars just wasting away in a bank account once a month...
I got paid yesterday and and I have about 5 millions bills, rent, trouble in credit cardland... but I'm thinking of just spending it all on pretty things in Sydney this weekend :)

6:53 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

loz: do it

9:14 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

I'll send you all my bills so I can go shopping :)
THANKS!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Nam LaMore said...

can't give you advice here .. i have no clue what it's like being paid anymore. every penny seems to be accounted for before i see anything.

but the last movie i saw was 'hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy' and it was rather enjoyable. at least it puts into perspective lots of things, including why are we here and such.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home