Thursday, May 05, 2005

I bet those Trekkies aren't nearly so coy with THEIR holidays...

So I heard on the radio that today is International Luke Skywalker Day. Why today? Well, because it's May the 4th. Why that day? Well it's not because Cinco de Mayo was taken (that was my first guess too).

May the 4th...be with you. Just say it out loud and it'll come to you.

Man, those Star Wars fanatics get everything: conventions, additional episodes, specialty m&m's, the works. In fact, it's totally acceptable for your average white-collared fellow to shed his pinstipes and don Yoda ears while maintaining respectability. And yet I get mocked for taping over the video of my family's white-water rafting trip with an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So that's it, I'm making it a point to boycott this whole Star Wars thing. Shennanigans, I say. Shennanigans! Dark side be damned!

P.S, I have a couple of 'Luke 4 Prez' fridge magnets that I'm looking to unload as of tomorrow if anyone's interested.


Bandwagon, what?

1 Comments:

Blogger Nam LaMore said...

why doesn't it surprise me that such a day exists? it's gotten so out of hand with all of these dedication dates, i might have to bump christmas or new year off my list if something else comes up!

i'm working on a star wars news spoof, should be fun!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home