Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Must be the weather

This morning was one of those mornings where you wake up really suddenly, sit straight up in bed, look around your room, and say out loud "Where in the hell am I?". Getting used to a new apartment and, subsequently, a new bedroom is crazy business I tell ya. I've been waking up at 6:30 for the past few days for no apparent reason. Every time I say to myself, "Oh, let's take advantage of this early start and finish unpacking all those godforsaken boxes! Hooray!".

But then something always happens that prevents action. We'll call this thing, 'laziness'. Because that is what it is. It seems that I am much, much happier working on my 'nook' in the couch that doing anything productive. Productivity is the root of all evil. Just kidding. (not really).

I'm actually wondering if the cause of my current state of lethargy has something to do with the fact that it's been raining for the past eight days straight. Although that doesn't explain the past 21 years of similar behaviour.

Ha.

To quote Kitchen, the central character of The Inactivist by Chris Eaton,

"Trying is for suckers".

2 Comments:

Blogger Nam LaMore said...

i have to say that when i'm up that early, i either get out of bed and start my day. a walk around the neighborhood is sorta fun at that hour; you get to appreciate where you are (before everyone wakes up and ruin it with their noise and traffic!).

if i don't get out of bed right away, then i'll just lie in bed and think about all the things i want to accomplish. by the time i'm done thinking about my imaginary list, i'm too tired to actually do them and do something mundane (brush teeth) instead!

i'm gonna add you to my 'blog parade' if that's ok -- cuz this looks like a blog i want to dig deeper. hope that's ok!

1:00 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

Thanks Nam! That's proof that for the most part, believing that people outside of my family actually read my blog is somewhat of a reality rather than delusion.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home