Sunday, May 08, 2005

My mom is rad

Today is Mother's Day and as such, I am going to take a moment to honour my mom in the bloggy sense.

Here are some fun facts about my mom:

Name: Rosanna Di Maggio
Age: well...it's mother's day so I guess I'll give her a break

- Raised two children as a single mom
- Worked two jobs, sixteen hours a day, six days a week to keep my sister and I in underoos.
- Took my sister and I to the beach almost every sunday in the summer
- Let me have ice cream for breakfast one time when I stayed home from school because I was sick
- Tried really hard not to laugh when I accidentally hooked my sister in the face with a fish hook when we were fishing one time
- Tried really hard not to laugh when I threw up my Spaghetti-O's after I begged her to let me get them even though she said that they were really gross and would probably make me sick
- Never ever let me meet any of her boyfriends (all two of them) until she met my step-dad when I was eleven
- Sprained her ankle while helping me move once and didn't get mad
- Has donated several tens of thousand of dollars to the 'Adria is a jobless bum' fund over the years.
- Brought me chicken soup and cold medication through the drive-thru when I worked at Tim Horton's in my freshman year of University

- Told me at least a million times that no matter what, she'll love me for the rest of her life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nam LaMore said...

that's very sweet of you to do a dedication post to your mom. and very nicely done, too.

i love gustav klimt's work. i used to doodle his hallmark swirls all the time; not sure how i managed to break that habit.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home