Wednesday, June 22, 2005

All the news that's fit to print


the following caused temporary bouts of giggles today

I read an article in the paper today about a convenience store owner in this neighbourhood who has been robbed three times recently. According to the article 'it's as if there's a giant ATM sign outside that only crack addicts can read'. A few days ago, some strung out loser decided to take his own piece of the crime pie and burst through the door in the wee hours brandishing a knife and choice demands for the owner to empty the cash register. In response, the owner made like he was getting the cash box out from under the counter, and then whipped out this monster sword. Apparently he's well trained in the Korean art of Hapkido (re: ima kikyoass) and chased the crackhead out of the store and into an alley where he had him cornered until the cops arrived on scene.

Now that's taking care of business.

In other news, as many of you already know, Nick has declared war on me yet again. Based on the aforementioned, I'll give you three guesses as to his nationality (but you'll only need one).

Also, I went out for dinner tonight at the West Town with Mark, Erin and Amy. It’s evident that I’ve turned into a blogwhore beyond any hope of rehabilitation as I insisted on bringing my camera with me lest any blogworthy moments arise. They didn’t. But I forced Mark to take this picture of us outside the bar anyway.

Booyah.


sometimes you have to force the magic into fruition

15 Comments:

Blogger GingerSnaps said...

I am taking your side. I hate air conditioning, it smells funny.

12:07 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

agreed. and it causes headaches + sore throat.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

it does look like a magical evening. what's in the doggy bag?

2:01 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

nachos!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

Remarkable. I shit you not, I am eating nachos as I type this. Funny thing is, I was going to come in here and tell you I was eating nachos just for funsies and here I find out it's actually sort of relevant.

But all that's beside the point.

I don't like the implication that my nationality has anything to do with me declaring war upon you twice. See, we signed peace accords both times and I never even deployed troops. If I was truly like my country you would be in Gitmo eating saltines, wearing a pillow case for clothing and being tortured for information on the daily.

I declared war because I enjoy meeting new people, so why not start with the pretty girls.

4:46 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

awww

well when you put it like that...

whiskey, waffles AND nachos!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Score!

5:26 PM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

3 HOT Babes and Nachos! What more could a random blog reader ask for? Oh I know, ninja stars. Nick, I’ll be expecting some ninja stars soon less I cross enemy lines and relinquish my love of air conditioning.

Oh and by the way, I am a fifth degree in WhoopFu with a specialty in Numb-Chucklers.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Fire - See my blog for details regarding your ninja stars.

You don't get any nachos.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...i resent being termed "unblogworthy"! I had a damn good time - that's worthy blog news if i've ever heard any.
And Nachos! They're enough on their own! That's my two cents. They were all i have - I hope you appreciate them. Goodnight.

8:44 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

oh erin baby, you're blogworthy of course. what was i thinking?

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...you assume wrong. It was me, Amy. This thing's pretty cool. Nicely done.

10:15 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

i took a 50.50 shot. sorry ames.

in any case, you are blogworthy as well.

and thanks for the positive feedback.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's get back to that blog comment where the guy said we were hot!! How come we aren't talking about that eh??? He sounds pretty smart seeing as he could tell just from the picture that we were babes - plus I dated someone who went to KU and he was pretty cool so ergo they must all be!! :)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

We are.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home