Sunday, June 12, 2005

I am the lobster, coo coo cachoo

I've been on hiatus due to some recent beach bumming. It's been about a hundred degrees out for the past couple of days and since I was born and raised in this country, I don't believe that my body is equipped to deal with such spiking temperatures. Also, since I'm boycotting air conditioned buildings this summer, my only option was to hit the beach. On Friday, I was there for the entire afternoon. The result? I am lobster girl. Man, I put sunscreen on three times over the course of four hours and I am still rouge about the back and shoulders.

I guess I've been protected by that layer of smog that hangs over Toronto for so long that when I head out to the clear-skied country, I just can't deal anymore.

Kooky.

8 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

I'm like that too. I could put on SPF 45 every hour on the hour, use an umbrella and fashion a shelter out of a felled tree and palm fronds and still go home redder than a fire truck covered in blood.

Are fire trucks red in Canada? Because my analogy is predicated upon that assumption.

12:03 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

they are red here, too. but we rarely have fires because igloos are so flame retardant.

and also, i never burn. most of the time my sun-sponge italian skin does fine at the beach.

i blame the ozone.

and kansas.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Is there a lot of asbestos in igloos?

I blame the metric system.


Underhill - Good call man. Night time is more fun anyway. Also, strip clubs aren't open during the day here.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

You can never have too much risotto. gnocchi on the other hand, I made that for my boyfriend once (my nona's homemade) and he ate too much, it wasn't pretty!!

-LMK

12:27 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

tony, you have to take it easy with risotto. it's heavy.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

I'm like that with booze and hoes.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

hmmm risotto, booze and hos... somehow I can't picture it..

7:37 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Use your imagination. I think if you try hard enough you'll get it.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home