Saturday, June 04, 2005

Milk, check; Bread, check; Toothpaste, check; Brass Pole, check

You know your day can't get any more boring when you're sprawled out on the couch at four in the afternoon sporting bedhead and mismatched pyjamas, while flipping back and forth between The Bridges of Madison County and E! True Hollywood Story: Beverly Hills 90210.

Yep.

Of course there are other things that I could be doing. Showering, for instance. Brushing my hair, for another. But if you ask me, those things are for suckers.

So I watched The Aviator last night. I feel that it confirmed earlier suspicions that Leonardo DiCaprio actually is a good actor. I really liked him in The Beach and as we all know, Nick loved him in Who Framed Gilbert Grape. Leo does crazy well and Howard Hughes was one hell of a crazy bastard. I really felt bad for him though, because all of the people around him were more concerned with keeping him hidden so they could hold onto their meal tickets than actually helping him to get better. It's just so tragic to see such a brilliant, larger-than-life character dissent into the downward spiral of sheer, paranoid madness.

In other news, I recently purchased Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease workout. I'm all geared up to "strip my way to a better body". As soon as I figure out a way to do all of the moves without getting off the couch.

Could be tricky.

Or apparently it can be done without getting off the chaise lounge. Works for me.

17 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

I've been wanting to get that tape too, but for an entirely different purpose. A purpose which is less savory but still burns calories.

5:00 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

and richly defines the forearms, right?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Like they were sculpted from granite.

9:11 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

I believe nick was againgt leo...I on the other hand loved him in aviator.

havent showered or brushed my teeth today...god we both must just smell aweful! bet nick hasnt showered today either.

11:54 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

his is a once a week affair, no?

just kiddin nick. love ya

12:18 AM  
Blogger Nam LaMore said...

at least you made the effort to get the tape. i'm in total denial .. i figure just walking around is enough of a workout!

12:29 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

yup, I can smell him all the way over here.

although he kinda smells like pie..whats up with that?

12:44 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

I'll have you know that I smell delicious.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Kato said...

What about Kate Blanchett in the Aviator, she was outstanding as Katharine Hepburn.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

Oh who cares? We're using euphemisms to talk about masturbation.

And we are discussing my stench (as it were) sans euphemism.

by the way - I was just kidding. we do care. But only a little.

4:52 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

nick, we do not talk about masterbation until noon. if you cant get it right, you are not allowed in our club.

and as for kate blanchett. i think she portrayed the most wonderful OCD person I have ever seen. Its hard to play wackjobs like us and get it right. I wonder who will play me in a movie when I get famous...

8:43 AM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

You will have to let me know if Carmen Electra is actually the fitness answer I've been looking for. I highly doubt it, but maybe I can learn to move like a stripper....

-L

11:45 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

i also thought that cate was outstanding. she had the voice down, but anyone can do the voice. what was really impressive was that she carried herself in exactly the same way. she was great.

as for the tape, i did some of it yesterday. i thought it would be easy but i'm sad to report that it's actually really hard. the more ass you have the harder it is to shake it all sexy-like.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Don't think I could rock that out unless it was the middle of the night and no one was home.. don't want people to see!

2:24 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

agreed kebibi

5:12 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

props on spelling Cate correctly Adria! I've become a regular props dispenser, look what you've started. Think maybe I need to be living in Compton, or similar?

7:48 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

some australian version of compton, i would imagine.

props to that

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home