Wednesday, May 25, 2005

into the mystic

Yeah yeah, so I haven't blogged in five days. Whoopedy-doo. Don't you people have lives?

Yeah, me neither.

Anyway, I've got a gig tomorrow afternoon at the Art Gallery of Hamilton that I'm kind of excited about. Anyone familiar with the area is aware that the AGH has recently undergone major rennovations inside as well as complete re-facing. Tomorrow, the gallery is hosting a huge gala event for the grand opening. Why am I excited? Is it because some of my pieces will be included?

Na, I'm one of the 60 waitresses with the catering company.

I went to a meeting at the gallery last night where they basically told us that they've hired more servers than they need because it'll look really good if they have a lot of people around. The tickets for the gala are around $1500 per person, so they want everyone to feel like they're being very well attended to. So we're getting paid (very well) to mostly stand around and look good.

It just so happens that's my stock in trade.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nam LaMore said...

damn .. a diva in the making!

i can't believe you're getting paid to network - what a fantastic way to meet people and all. remember names and faces. i'll have the local gossip columnists look for you after the gala. you can dish the dirt on the drunken fools who shelled out that kinda dough for an evening out. oh, and that kinda money better come with a hooker or go-go boy .. hugh grant would agree with me on that!

8:25 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

that he would

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home