Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A deer in your headlights, so gun it

It's been suggested that I post some poetry. Suggestion noted.

Into The Pavement
a long night of nothing
no thoughts to think on
no actions to act on
and all of my inhabitions
crash into the pavement
slip in between the cracks
where they take shape as seeds
and grow like weeds
in search of the sun
in search of the one
who could bring me back
again

Jerk in the Works
tonight it's the in-betweens
the closet cases and demi-tweens
caught by the transcendence
and decadence
of a life's worth of indecision
and always wondering... but how?
so if i'm branded now...
well, you're not the first to say
not the first to show
and i'm not the first to grow
out of apathy
or any other antithetical stakes
that you might claim
that you might shackle
to my name
it's these moments of
sheer insanity
sheer complacency
that leave me unseen
the lie that wraps you
in a cement dream
stay safe and ignorant
safe and clean



Head Full of Water
head full of water
like my head full of water
i only care about what's brand new
but that's me
all skin
and skin deep
used to be time was crucial
but now i could just sleep
for twenty one out of twenty four
if i thought i could get away with it
like so many other things
i just lie
lie like its the end of the world
and all that's at stake
isn't my integrity
it's yours
and my head full of water
like a head full of water
i only care about
whats in your pockets
but that's just me
all skin
and skin deep
used to be faith was crucial
but not for pagans like me
not for bastards like me
and now they're one in five
by your nineteenth birthday
like so many other things
it's not me praying
it's just me hearing
what i want to
through a head full of water
like a head full of water
i only care about your next one
but that's me
all skinned
and skin deep

Sum of the Parts
tell me it's time
to abandon the familiar feel
of internal organs
put delicious metaphors
in place of them
a sticky sweet concert
of eclectic geometry
better to bleed blood
than words
better to seem aesthetic
than honest
and then eventually
we just eat each other

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow

4:09 PM  
Blogger Nam LaMore said...

too much poetry all at once! i'm overloaded! i cannot possibly digest so much at one visit .. will need to revisit.

cracks in the pavement .. that's where the fun really is - such a fascinating ecosystem there: ants and other insects run to hide, a place for seeds to wish upon a star, the curse of a mother's broken back and the start of a jigsaw puzzle.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home