Sunday, June 05, 2005

now we grieve cause now is gone, but things were good when we were young

sitting around listening to this von bondies record makes me wish i was still in that time and place where my mom paid for everything and i just worked part time on the weekends mostly to meet guys and afford all of the cute underwear that she wouldn't buy for me.

for most of my life, i've been accused of living in a fantasy world. i guess it's true. on more than one occasion i've been known to sit amidst my piles of bills with my eyes closed repeating 'everything will work out, everything will work out'. what's my plan? i don't have a plan, man. but don't worry about it, everything will work out.

but hey, fantasy is better than real life. that's why it's the fantasy. deep down, we're all sammy davis wanting to be like frank.

listen to the von bondies.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nam LaMore said...

maybe so, but why do i get the feeling that your very independent spirit won't let you be a parasite of society or a leech off your parents?

your past posts suggest that you actually crave the life of independence and self-accountability over the shackles of false-luxury?

3:33 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

it's true. but i feel that even the most independant person sometimes feels like crawling home to mama.

3:46 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

tried that underhill, it doesn't work

5:11 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

youth is wasted on the young!!!

10:47 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

that made me sad...

12:50 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

anthony: hells yeah it will

2:35 AM  
Blogger Nam LaMore said...

on re-reading .. apology if it sounded like i was on a soapbox, i didn't mean to be; please feel free to delete the earlier (and this) comment.

it's a long story, and i would not prefer to share it openly .. but on reaching legal status, home became where i could rest my head. so, home isn't the same for me as for some of my friends -- and, so, i've been very independent and have a difficult time asking for help. yes, "issues".

3:22 AM  
Blogger Captain Beefheart said...

Happiness is knowing it's OK to be Sammy Davis Junior. Don't beat yourself up over it ;o)

7:51 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I hate bills. I hate paperwork. I was the worst admin assistant EVER when I was an admin assistant.

I especially hate utilities. I feel like these bastards are saying, "Give us money or your children will freeze this winter! Bwahhh hawww hawww haw!" (that's supposed to be evil laughter, by the way)

So what if you don't have a plan? Plans are overrated. And hardly ever work, anyway.

5:06 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

nam: i never delete comments. i'm a comment whore dontcha know. also, soapboxes are welcome here at diablog

anthony: 61. okay. that's overstaying your welcome.

captain beefheart: if only i was 5'3'' and black and musically talented. dang.

ubermilf: thanks for the vote of confidence, both here and as hope for the future (canadian chapter)

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home