Tuesday, June 21, 2005

tu veux de la tarte avec du beurre?

This afternoon I made a keylime pie to have as dessert with dinner. I was making the whipped cream to go on top and for whatever reason wasn't paying attention and it turned into fucking butter!

Butter!

I guess I sort of knew that butter was made out of cream but it never occurred to me that if I whipped my whipping cream for too long I would get butter.

Kooky.

On the plus side, I don't have to thaw out any regular butter for the bread that I'm serving with dinner. On the negative side, keylime pie sans whipped cream? Sacrelige!

Butter?!

3 Comments:

Blogger CheyenneWay said...

The optimist in me says, "Yay! Butter is good when placed on toast." but the pesimist says, "Blah! Butter pie could not be good."

I'll make a mental note to not whip whipping cream into a frenzy. Or just leave the whole pie making business to the professionals.

9:37 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

ahh the french and their love of butter...the settlers were french, right? champlain right?

i know nothing about the country in which i live. for all i know, our settlers were just disgruntled united empire loyalists from the US.

bump that.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Butter, Butter the musical spread,
the more you eat the fatter your head.

I think it's unfair that everyone knows I have a weakness for pie. I know no one's weaknesses, therefore I can't exploit them using pictures with hot pie and hotter girls.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home