Monday, August 22, 2005

i'm a one gun army got a mouthpiece on me


take a seat, window view, what's it feel like to always choose to be brave

cool story.
about a month ago, i was at raymi the minx's blog and i was reading some older entries when i happened upon one that mentioned an artist named Natasha Alexandra. "it's toronto's loss and new york's gain". she's a canadian musician with piano-based songs that made the move to nyc some months ago.

so i visited her site to listen to her music and she's awesome. i figured i might find her cd at some indie record store if i looked around, but no luck. so i looked up the contact info on her site and emailed about how to get a cd. she was in town that day to play a show at the drake hotel in toronto. i was working a closing shift at the bar, so i explained that i couldn't go and her response:

'i'll come and drop it off where you work'

how cool is that?

a week later, i have the cd (titled, "in your face") and it's excellent. everyone needs to go to www.natashaalexandra.com, listen, learn, email her about a cd and be changed.

on a completely unrelated side note: i got stung by a bee at the west town golf tournament yesterday. i'm not allergic- but now it's ridiculously swollen and itchy/painful all at once. since i haven't been stung by a bee in about ten years, i don't know what the protocol is. any suggestions?

17 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

hrmm if its swollen up and itchy I'd think there's at least a slight allergy...I'd just use afterbite/vinegar on it though.

I got stung by a wasp last week that managed to crawl up my shirt, and get stuck between my pack and my back while riding to work and apparently didn't enjoy it too much...didn't swell at all and stinging went away about 5 mins later. My bro has a bit of an allergy to em and they swell up on him a lot...

4:31 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

if you take an aspirin (not tylenol or iboprofen, but actual aspirin) and crush it up with a little baking soda and a little water, to make a paste and put the paste on your sting and let it dry it will suck the sting right out of that bitch. You'll be feeling better in a matter of an hour. swear to god.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Great story, by the way. I love anyone who is so dedicated to their craft that they will go out of their way to spread the love. It's the sign of a person who is truly pround of what they do.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Anthony and I have our arms raised in the air as if to say: "Ole!"

7:56 PM  
Blogger SS said...

nice job nick, that is what i was going to suggest she do. it's something my grandma taught me (i used to get stung by bee's in her yard a lot when i was little).

11:43 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

thanks for the sting tips. i tried the aspirin one. it feels much better

i hope you all went to see natasha's site and listen to her songs. i think it's extremely cool that she's willing to hand deliver her music. not only that, but when i asked how much she sells the cds for she said, "usually $12, but whatever you have is fine"

she's adorable. buy her cd. do it now.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Captain Beefheart said...

If it still hurts, administer brandy orally. Repeat as necessary

7:50 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

well, that all depends my dear dia.
did you listen to any pete murray samples at mine?
hhhmmmmm?
he may have never brought a CD to me at work but he's awesome nonetheless.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

In addition to Nick's excellent advice, also take Benadryl.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

Yes. Hollaback to me as well. Whatver the shit that means. It's good to know that I was right. I like being told that I am smart and pretty. It makes me feel good about ME.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

When you feel good, I feel good. Nickie Pooh.

*smooch on your nose*

1:38 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

wow... loving natasha alexandra...

7:07 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

could i get anymore fucking spam?

jesus tittyfucking christ it's really starting to get to me.

oh yeah, lmk: glad you dig it. she rocks.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

I knew there was a reason I liked Jesus so much.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Hi!! You have a great blog here! It's better than Jesus Christ: Our Lord and Saviour. I will bookmark it with my solid gold mouse. Perhaps you would be interested in my blog Testicles, Spectacles, Wallet & Watch. You can get free hydrocodone, stock tips and lumber there!!!

11:37 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

nick, you're a prince among men

12:23 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

Madam, you honor me.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home