Monday, October 17, 2005

and i've waited on the sidelines, all this time...all this time... and i've a grenade with our names scratched on the side...

ho hum.

i've been so bored lately. everything is boring. i'm boring myself writing this. it looks strange written out. it makes me feel/look like a spoiled brat. honesty is like that. honesty has never been my thing. it's not that i'm a liar, per se, it's just that i like living in a fantasy land where i feast on my own delusions and the like.

i have this thing that i do, this thing i've always done. when i meet people and talk to them and discover that they're worthwhile, i draw an imaginary line connecting me to them. whenever i get bored with my life- i start doing it again. people that i see, that i meet, that i talk to- i draw a line. i guess i can't articulate it that well, but that's what i do with people. i draw lines, i erase them, i pull them close, i stretch them out- and i'm always connected. when i feel alone and empty- i pull on one of the lines and whoever i need comes into view and i feel better.

this post makes no sense. but i know you understand, ever the eternal optimist.

i had me a vision
i was a fireman
in a time of fires
and i was paralyzed
a robot heart
for a theme park world
whatever keeps us alive
whatever keeps claim
to us being civilized

9 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

Delusions are all I have. That's why I cling to mine.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

baby, no pain, no gain....
couldn't resist sorry. Saw Good at the London Fair a few years ago. He was good times.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I'd be lost without those lines sometimes.

And Matty will take away from the boredom soon enough. Actually not soon enough, why isn't it Thursday yet?

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jaxe said...

But that's love
And you know that love's not enough
....

ah well, yes boredom does consume...its how we handle the short lulls between breaths that defines us.

or not. I'll get back to you on that...

Hello Dia! ;-)

j

2:16 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

nicky: oh delusions, how i love ye.

lmk: i'm the biggest loser of all at his show. usually i can be seen in the front with tears streaming down my face during 'blue skies over badlands'.

aaron: well, they say that commerically 'audio of being' was a failure as a record, but it's by far my favourite one to listen to.

jaxe: hello to you too, young man.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

You're not bored. You're exploring existentialism.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

Ubermilf = Spin Doctor

You should be my campign manager when I run for President, Ubie.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

i wouldn't say 'by far' but yea, front to back its my favourite, and the album art is my fave of his CD's as well.

5:09 PM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

ive been on the borin' boat for way too long. im so boring i just wanna bore up and bore. now my comment doesnt make sense but i too am the eternal optimist :D

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home