Friday, October 14, 2005

ModishGirL

i got my hair cut today. my hair stylist describes is as a 'mod-ish shoulder-length bob'. personally, when i think mod, i think of twiggy and mondrian dresses. but i'll take what i can get. i was thinking of doing something drastic a la cassandra from america's next top model (translation: waist length brown hair cut into a blonde, mia farrow-circa-rosemary's baby type thing) but then i found out how ridiculously expensive it is to have your hair repeatedly bleached and the cheap skate in me decided against it, for now.

after i left the salon, i was still sort of toying with the idea until i went to visit mark at work. i told him about my idea of a really drastic, short, textured hair cut like cassandra from antm (that's right dudes, he watches it with me, albeit against his will). suddenly, he gets this wide-eyed look on his face,

"you would go blonde, too?"

"yeah, maybe"

"oh...that's hot," he continued, all excited and drooly, "it would be like sleeping with a total stranger!"

"........"

duuuuuuude. based on that particular case of verbal diarrhea, i can safely say that i'll be a shoulder length brunette for a long, long time.


 
 Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

it's important to know when you've reached your expiry date...

i can't imagine you with blonde hair anyhow, i think the dark hair suits you too much.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

Our inner cheapskates are almost as important as our sense of morality. Sometimes the two work in tandem. For instance, I was thinking of robbing a bank, not very moral I know, but fuck you, I'm poor. Then my inner cheapskate showed up to the party and was all like "you're going to have to buy tools and a ski mask and hire some goons, cause what's a good bank robbery without goons?" and my morality was like, "you know what, I agree with cheapskate, robbing banks is wrong." And that, as they say, was that. I'm still poor, but at least I'm moral. If fucking cheapskate hadn't opened his stupid mouth I could be neck deep in Vegas Showgirls getting my morality on.


What were we talking about?

2:37 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

nick.

my keyboard sports a fresh mouthful of hot coffee, no thanks to you.

you are my new favorite read.

5:57 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

you're too much monsieur honey pants

6:27 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Yay me! I'm like Fessig in The Princess Bride, in that I finally did something right!

Thanks, Nikki.

Adria, There is a fine line between too much and not enough, I like to think I walk that line everyday.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

there is a fine line between making eye contact and the penetrating stare of a psychopath.

i read that someplace.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

Anthony I wasn't being serious when I wrote that. It was meant to be silly.

Who's invading? I see no invading, I was invited here.

4:54 AM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

just tell him to fall on asleep on the other hand that he uses. Thats called the "Stranger". That all i got, toodle loo!

1:32 PM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

well shoot, my comment makes no sense at all. Its meant to be a masturbatory joke. get it heh heh heh. back to my cave

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home