Friday, October 21, 2005

the pink pills are for your sanity...we're buried in the earth because we can't beat gravity

so today i kicked it old school in toronto with my former roomate and full time amiga, nicole. it's actually the first time i've been back to toronto since i moved and after spending the day there, returning to this shithole was kind of a downer.

nicole and i had a lunch date today. i guess you could say that i'm somewhat of a lunch-a-holic. last night i was telling nick that the reason i do lunch all the time instead of dinner is because i'm so non-committal- but the bigger reason is that i'm never on time for anything. so i think that it's easier to wait forever for someone if it's only lunch than if you're starving to death waiting for dinner. today was a perfect example of this behaviour as i was an hour and a half late for my date with nicole this afternoon because of the following reasons:

1. i missed the 11am train and had to wait until 11:30
2. when i arrived at union station i realized that i had left my wallet (minus my i.d thank god) at home and then had to go to the bank in my old neighbourhood and get a replacement card.
3. it was my cab driver's FIRST DAY on the job/in canada (actually that second part isn't true...it just felt like it)

we had lunch downtown in little italy at a place called regina trattoria. it's my favourite italian restaurant in the city and i feel it's safe to say that they make the best pizza this side of the adriatic. plus their house red wine is ruffino chianti- which has been served at my family's dinner table for 50 years.

so now it's the end of the day and i'm heartsick. i miss it there. i miss my friends, my neighbourhood, the starbucks at bloor and jarvis and even the shit-ass no frills on sherbourne...

miss my head, miss my heart, miss my lungs Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

i feel guilty lunching. it's like eating a decadent lunch is naughty or something.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

naughty does not necessarily mean bad, Loz

11:43 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

hey i live right around the corner from Little Italy, so thanks for the pizza tip :)


gorgeous smile, by the way :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I miss toronto too. Miss the creperie right near TFG's apt. Miss his view..
don't miss his landlord though..

Lunching can be decadent, loz, and nick is right, naughty can be very very good.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

you posted on mine, so I'm returning the favour. Hi.

Oh, and Toronto is not a shithole, well ok, maybe a little.
And I don't think I've ever done the whole lunch date thing. Then again, I barely eat lunch anymore, so that may be part of it.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

nick, LMK: i'm sorry, i was raised as a Catholic for 12 years. some habits are hard to break, and some thoughts such as 'naughty = bad' are too deeply ingrained! as Loki would say "do it and I'll fucking spank you!"

i jest. sort of.

8:27 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

loz,nick: i love naughty decadence

sean, it's not toronto that's a shithole...i was talking about hamilton. can't argue with me there now can you?

robert: no problem, and thanks.

lmk: does TFG live on queen street? there's an awesome creperie on queen west across from the much music building.

loz: ahhh....loki. but seriously tho- it's just lunch.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

his creperie kicks that ones ass.
Its by st. george station and she makes them like a meal....

She's the only one in town that makes them with things like tuna and such..

Also? the chocolate strawberry crepe is better than sex.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Ah, fair enough, though it's not a city I visit frequently.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home