Wednesday, December 21, 2005

forget me not

i've been awol for so long that i've almost forgotton how to blog.

almost.

these past few weeks have been strange and hectic and wonderful and thus there's been no time to blog- not to mention the fact that i don't have an internet connection in my new apartment (so even if i did have the time, i still don't have the means).

there are only three more shopping days until christmas. it just kills me how in the winter, everyone measures the passage of time in terms of remaining shopping days- it's as though it surpasses all other time measurement, if only briefly. matt good says that nowadays christmas is for shopping and the shopping god is everything. i think he's right. all that cynicism aside- i'm strangely prepared this year. i've had my sister's car this past week as she's been off sunning her ass in the dominican republic since last thursday, so that's helped in terms of getting around from store to store more efficiently. also- paul is back in england with his family until the 30th so my list of recent distractions has shortened drastically.

today was particularly fun as i went out to buy a christmas tree. it was an adventure of sorts and so i'm sort of proud of myself for pulling the whole thing off. i was by myself, so i tied the tree to my car, drove it home, hauled it into my apartment and sawed off the end so it would absorb the water better. all that, an narry a drop of sap made it's way onto my wool coat.

i think props are in order.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

I am a prop dispensing motherfucker!

I was talking to Little Miss Knit not three days ago about the very things you speak of, I even used that Matt Good quote.

I prayed to all my various gods that your christmas tree isn't as impoverished or lamentable as mine is.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

and christmas without sap on your coat is sweet

12:05 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

my ex bought a tree a week ago and never watered it, not even once, so his mommy went over there and threw it away.

point: water your tree or it will die and shed needles everywhere

5:13 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

7:27 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

this is about when i start wondering why the hell i ever bought this fucking tree - i DID find it merry or something a few weeks back, right?

12:32 AM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Have a great new year in your new apartment, Di! Get hooked up online soon too. :)

Nick is a prop dispensing motherfucker. I love that about Nick.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Maria Baker said...

hey adria. i was clicked "next blog" over and over tonight and i just found this blog. it's dedicated to monica belluci (?) whatever her name is, it's the girl i always see on here. i will warn you, there are boobies exposed so if you don't want to see them, don't go to this site.
that is all. you're welcome.
http://wantontorment.blogspot.com/

10:09 PM  
Blogger Maria Baker said...

PS-the writing is some dudes monica fantasy. it's the pics i thought you might be interested in...and your readers too.

10:10 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

thank you, michael.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home