Friday, May 12, 2006

you had to send a wrecking crew after me

i had this dream
days spent wondering, replaced
by days spent wandering
lost in space.
some forgotton satellite,
my serial numbers long since flaked off.
their diamond dust collecting, swirling,
rolling together like some snowball
from my childhood.
i drifted deeper along
and watched the seeds of
my oblivion
become the seeds of your life,
your world, your earth, your stars
and i wondered if you
wondered where i was.
off in sleepy orbit
i watched you spin,
enchanted by your dance,
watched you grow and age until
one day you floated
up past me,
blinked in my direction
as if to suggest
some flicker of recognition
before you filled with air
and drifted into the sun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

simply perfect



and now i remember why i began coming here in the first place


high 5s!!!!

12:53 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

thanks, brotha

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home