Friday, April 07, 2006

the push of a button

i bought a new fancypants umbrella today. all i wanted was one that was small enough to fit in my purse and the sales lady talked me into getting a pimped out london fog one that opens and closes by the push of a button. for some reason, i thought that 'automatic close' meant that it would fold up completely when i pushed the button. i tested it out in my living room when i got home (yeah blah blah seven years, seven schmears) and to my dismay, 'automatic close' apparently just meants that the umbrella collapses itself. i still have to fold it up and shit. whoopedy doo. cheap umbrellas do that for free.

so i bought a sudoku book as a consolation. sudontgetit, more to the point. this whole business of retail therapy has gone horribly awry today.

oh man.

even when i try to spare you all the usual piss and moan fest, it turns into a piss and moan fest anyway.

after all this time
in my arena
your tower is still standing.
in my mind's eye
you will never die
in my mind's eye
you are imortalized.

5 Comments:

Blogger SS said...

lol - sudoku.

everyone seems to be so crazy for that game so i got a couple of versions for my pda and then i couldn't figure out how to play it. my little sister had to explain it to me and then i was fascinated with it for all of 1 day. then it was over. that was months ago and i haven't desired to play it again.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

i love sudoku - for ages i just couldn't do them. then one day it just clicked. my one golden rule of sudoku is to never, ever write a number in unless you have proof that it belongs there. guessing is no good.

or, you could just put the book down and do something fun instead :)

9:20 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

sandra: i guess it's a fad i'm going to have to skip due to my mental retardation.

loz: fun? f-uuu-nnn? wha's that?

4:10 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

I had a dream last night you were helping me with my housework. You were doing my dishes, complete with purple rubber gloves.

Thanks for that.

4:02 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

i'm so domestic.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home