Sunday, March 26, 2006

move along, little doggy

it's over.
(for real this time).
i picked up my things.
he apologized.
a variant of the 'it's not you, it's me' chestnut.
(yeah i know who it is).
asked me if i wanted a cigarette.
uh, no thanks...i wanted your heart, silly.
the cab took forever to arrive.
i tripped on the stairs while leaving.
thoroughly traumatizing.
went home.
wrote a letter.
went back to drop it off.
watched him get into a car with a friend.
off to a bar, i imagine.
good time to celebrate.
(that's probably not true...just wish it was so i could trade sad with angry).

i'll get over this.
one day.
i have to get over it.
just have to get the tears out of my system
first.
dry up.
toughen up.
can't be a puppy anymore.
how can you miss what you never had?
easy.

re-read this today.
wrote it the day after.
day after what?
you know what day it was.
why do i re-read these things?
glutten for punishment, i am.
oh well.
that's enough.
enough being heartbroken for one day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I'm sorry about the traumatic tripping, that probably wasn't the exit you were hoping for. This is probably best, he didn't seem like good news.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

I've been heartbroken for years, eventually the pain becomes normal and the happy becomes the variant. You are an exceptional person, I just wish that someone special to you would realize it. What the fuck is wrong with them?

Chin up, young person.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

And I'm sorry you tripped.

I'm drinking whiskey from the bottle, you want some?

4:25 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

lmk: no not the exit i was hoping for. in fact i was hoping for no exit at all.

nicky: you're the best. whiskey straight from the bottle would be awesome right now.

underhill: you would be a druck (drunken duck). i know, not permanent in the realm of reality- but i live in fantasy land. in fantasy land every sentence is written in poetry and none of them come from happy places.

if i had my way
i'd never get over you
the emotional monster
i've tied myself to.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I still want to hit him with the rubber chicken with the brick inside.

I hope you didn't skin your knee.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

but hey, now you're one person closer to finding a Good One. and I have no doubt that a Good One is coming your way - you are a beautiful, talented, fabulous woman - these things work themselves out.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home