Thursday, March 23, 2006

put this under your pillow

back in the day, i used to sit around wishing with my whole heart for a terminal illness. that was the most ideal of my fantastical suicide pipe-dreams. mostly because i knew i'd never have the guts. then later on i got some guts. later still, i'd just hope for a car to hit me when i was crossing the street. that's been the most enduring one, thus far. not all that creative, and worse- the cars always slow down. in university, medication quieted down those desires- and every other kind of desire as well. you don't feel bad, you don't feel good, you don't feel at all. that's when you begin to miss the warm blanket of depression. anti-depressants are like that annoying younger sibling who snaps the lead tip from all your pencils and then hides the sharpener so that when you go to write something- you no longer have the means.

i was going nowhere with this.

too many sharks
too many razor sharp rocks
too many ways to bleed to death
all nestled along your shore
well
i had me a life
of laundry days and
roast beef nights
but i left it out in the sun
too long
and it's done
don't worry
don't worry
non te preoccupa
and somehow it's so fitting
to think of myself
no deeper than the ink
or the paper on which i've written...
still me
"your forgiveness
ain't the neighbourhood
i'm looking to live in, baby"

+

on a side note...what's this about?

4 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

there's a bit of a blind intersection near my house, you need to make sure you wait extra long before turning in case a car comes over the hill - there are days i don't wait at all. then there are days when i know how selfish that is, that i would involve another driver in my depression. oh well, today is not one of those days.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

We all want the sweet release of freedom.

Maybe we see death as the only way to be finally free.

I'm in a bad place myself.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

I went to Wits End one time when I was in London. It was barmy.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

Westley. it has a T.

this is what i love about blogging WBB. i don't mean that i love to hear how awful everyone feels sometimes, but i feel like even though the people i go to work with, or are friends with, or are even in my family don't understand how i feel - so many people here do. it means that really we're not alone.

As Ben Lee says, "we're all in this together".

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home