Friday, February 17, 2006

too late tonight, i'm gone. you're miles ahead and i'm lost...

MONEEN was rockin last night. the opening bands were good, but i have no patience for opening bands, to be quite honest- and so i was somewhat annoyed that there were three of them to sit through. i've seen videos of live performances of moneen before but i still was surprised by how much energy kenny has. he jumps all over the stage in a manner that can only be compared to my four year old nephew after he eats too much chocolate birthday cake. they played all the songs i had hoped they would, including one that they re-recorded with alexisonfire. at the end of it all, kenny hugged everyone that was standing near the stage (myself included) and told me to feel the puffy screen print on his dallas green t-shirt.

a good time was had by all. i bought this shirt.

in other news, i am going to see nine inch nails again at the beginning of march. it's in london, ontario and so i had to look up the cost of greyhounding it out there. it's 27.50 one way which made me want to throw up in my mouth a little. good thing vic is driving us back otherwise i'd be sending trent a nasty letter demanding reimbursement for the fare as well as for the t-shirt that i will inevitably feel compelled to purchase.

good grief.

6 Comments:

Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Watch opening bands. That's the edge.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Miss Di, I'm glad you're going out and having fun.

Then, when you're an old lady, you won't feel deprived and try to act stupidly younger than you are.

Go, Dia, go!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I'm with ubie, live it up.

London is a pain in the ass for concerts since the GO train doesn't go out there. I think when I get back to Canada I will lobby for that.

or break down and buy a car.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

i have heard of none of those bands! i always knew you were cooler than me.

6:39 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

owl: bah!

ubie: well if it's all for the cause of avoiding a midlife crisis, then on with the partying!!

lmk: the go train has been my rock. imagine my sadness to discover that it doesn't go to london. i was crushed.

loz: but you have a sexy australian accent, therefore you still win the cool contest.

1:54 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

you're welcome, tony

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home