Friday, August 26, 2005

reality never looked so good in a tie



man.

my birthday is in less than two weeks. twelve days to be exact. it has me thinking about what i've accomplished this year (nothing) and the goals that i've set for myself (none) and how i'll try to achieve them over the next 12 months (i won't).

i was planning on going back to glendon this september, but now i'm not. i'm just not prepared for it yet. everyone keeps telling me to take my time, but at the same time that they're saying it, they have this look in their eyes that screams 'you're going nowhere, babe'. so i'm just taking my time at going nowhere. how fabulous is that? i guess i've always lacked a certain tenacity and it's been showing more and more.

people often tell me that i live in a dreamland. and it's true. i like to think that things work out on their own. be it true or fantasy. all the while, i'm just biding my time. just waiting for my great escape.

in twelve days i'll be 22. twelve months after that i'll be 23. and then in twelve years i'll be 35. maybe by then i'll be somwhere.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

I'm 27 and I have accomplished nothing in my life. Currently you are leaps and bounds ahead of me, so I think you have nothing to worry about. You are clearly smart, and quite sassy if I do say so myself, and I, like Profesor Slughorn, am sure you will go far.

2:25 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

i have accomplished being a mom. it took me 25 years dia. youll find what your looking for. 22 is like the new 16, you have lots of time...

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Dilf had to leave college after two years; his mom (he doesn't have a dad) had uterine cancer and had to have her whole female system removed.

He had to take care of his mom, his brother and sister.

Yet now he's doing exceptionally well in advertising. What's important is skill, not a piece of paper.

People are always gonna try to scare you. Oooh, don't stay home with your kids! Oooh, don't go back to work after kids! Oooh! Ooh! ooh!

Fuck fear. Lead with your heart.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I'm 23, have the piece of paper, and now I have to move to a different hemisphere to get another one. At least you are slowing down and figuring out what you want before you go out there and get it.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

i worry about not accomplishing anything myself, and i usually feel guilty and helpless about the whole thing.
but, life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. That might be poorly paraphrased.

Don't stress.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Maria Baker said...

I just turned 30 this year and I finally got the guts to do what I've been wanting to do since I was 20. It takes time and perspective sometimes to make the decision you know you should make. Try not to stress about it and go with what feels right. Always (ALWAYS!) trust your instincts. Good luck!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

Maria raises an interesting point.
It's society that decides when we're SUPPOSED to know what we want to do with our lives, and for some stupid reason that time is when we're not old enough to make an informed choice.
I'm 24 and have no idea what I want to do... but I think at my age and at yours there's no reason that we need to.
Just because you leave school and a certain age it doesn't mean you are old enough and wise enough to have it all together. I know I didn't, and most people don't.
Just do what comes naturally and you can change your mind later... lots of times.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home