Sunday, October 23, 2005

it might just be clear, simple, and plain. well that's just fine, that's just one of my names



still here.
still me.
still everything and nothing at all.

what a weird couple of days i've had. it's no secret that i sometimes live my life in a fantasy land, but lately it's like i'm not even checking into reality at all. the things that go on under my skin, in my mind's eye- so far off from where i really am. a word, a look, a thought- and i'm off somewhere visualizing it all and all of the alternatives- all while i'm filling up your glass of coke. it's just so funny to me how things take a different track in my mind when, in reality, i'm just standing there expressionless. Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

Everyday I walk around and do my job and half the time I am envisioning myself somewhere else. I go out back to have a smoke and the thoughts of being elsewhere and talking to new friends take over my brain and I have to shake them out. Forcing yourself to face reality is an unwelcome neccesity. It doesn't help that my reality is a fucking let down.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Maria Baker said...

I recognize that as a Tori Amos song, but I can't think of which one off hand.
I think we all have days where we walk around in a daze. I think it's pretty normal. For me, living right now is sometimes really easy and at others, almost impossible. I try to be thankful for the little things (eventhough I know that's cliche) and remember that this too shall pass. Just put your chin down and forge ahead. You'll make it out the other side eventually, and wonder how the hell you ever doubted yourself. Trust me on this one, I know what I'm talking about. Take care.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

finally, a post title i recognise!
glycerine!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Maria Baker said...

Oh shit, you're right Loz! I was "singing" it different in my head. Man, I was off on that one!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home