Wednesday, June 07, 2006

benny

good news, good news my friends.

after over a month of phoning up various people who posted ads in the newspaper with no success, it's finally happened...

i bought a puppy!!!

a beagle puppy!!!

i named him benny!!!

benny the beagle!!!

he is five weeks old at the moment and thus is still living with his mama. emily and i are leaving monday for our roadtrip out to calgary and i'm picking him up the day after i get back. i decided that i wouldn't be one of those annoying pet owners who spoils their dog with loads of unnecessary shit...but once i got into a pet store, that philosophy lasted about a minute and a half. anyone who has ever seen the ridiculous cuteness that is the puppy-sized kong toy knows that one (or more) must be had. there are limits, of course. for example: last week i saw a girl at fortinos with what looked to me like a big burbery purse in her shopping cart. unbeknownst to me, it turned out to be a dog carrying case and a little bichon frise poked its yappy little head out and barked at me in the frozen food aisle.

in the words of that wise old sage charlie brown...

good grief

  Posted by Picasa
look at this face!

13 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

yay! congratulations on your new adoption. don't report me to the RSPCA, but that puppy is so cute I could just EAT him! figuratively.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

with a lime cilantro sauce.

Seriously, beagles are so ridiculously cute when they are young I can barely stand it.

When you get back from Calgary you should throw up some pictures of you two together.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

geez, talk about yer cuteness overload! :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

I used to have a beagle when I was little. I named him Levy after my best friend in grade school so I could play with Levy at school and after school too. Yes i was a strange kid but became an even stranger adult.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Hah awww! there's a beagle cross at my local humane society right now, and I've been thinking about getting a dog again lately, but I dunno...

as for spoiling it, as long as you never force it to wear clothing, its all gravy

7:14 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

what's cilantro in australian again??????????

oh yes, coriander. thank you google.

speak in english nick.

3:15 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

my bad.

2:06 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Congratulations. Beagles are great dogs.

2:59 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

aw, theres nothing wrong with spoiling your cute puppy as long as he doesnt bite people..the little hats are the cutest!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yessssssssssssssssss, can't wait to see him!

So excited to be an aunt again.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're getting a puppy!

My parents just got a puppy...another Samoyed. I feel a bit like the middle child now.

It's only a matter of time before I start doing things to get their attention.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I love beagles! But they do like to put their noses in the smelliest stuff they can find.

Coriander is the seed, and a spice. Cilantro is the leaves, and an herb.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

Why do I get the feeling you researched that? All I know is we don't call anything cilantro here...

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home