Monday, September 05, 2005

factoid monday

today is labour day. i'm working the close tonight at the bar. that means that i get to serve all the losers who didn't go to cottage country to celebrate the last weekend of summer (i guess i'm one of them?). in lieu of a real post, i've decided to begin a new monday tradition.

5 Things you Probably Didn't Know...

1. I put green tobasco sauce on almost every applicable carb because I secretly believe (sans any scientific proof) that it speeds up my metabolism thus preventing PBDBS (Post-Binge Duff Blimp Syndrome)

2. Whenever Mark sees a picture of Hilary Swank, he involuntarily begins to nay like a horse and shout 'horseface!' all tourrette's-like. It's very embarrassing (for me, not him)
this is an audio post - click to play

3. I once licked a customer's coffee spoon before I put it in his coffee because he snapped his fingers and made the 'pssst' sound to get my attention.

4. I will not eat anything that is grape flavoured due to a traumatic childhood incident.

5. My birthday is on wednesday (okay, you probably did know that already- i'm just trying to boost my chances of getting rad e-cards)

Happy Labour Day biyotches.

8 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

His impersonaton of a horse is good, maybe he could be a traveling horse impersonator. Godd money in that.

Depsite Swank's resemblance to Equus caballus, she is quite the fine actress. I have enjoyed her in virtually every picture that I've seen of her's. Plus she looked smokey at Cannes this year. Smooookey.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I too find Swank to look rather horse like, and I'm glad Mark is letting out all my Swank-horse yelling for me..

I actually saw on some godawful morning show that hot sauce to help with weight loss when it comes to carbs, not because the metabolism rate goes higher, but because (in theory) you eat less of it. so there ya go!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Also, there's something about vinegar mitigating the effect of fats. But don't ask me -- my bra's too tight.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

Happy Birthday Adria!!!!!

I assume you're off somewhere all tiara'd up, bathing in buttercream icing. Hope you have a great day whatever it is you're doing...

xxxxx

7:12 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

thanks LOZ!!

8:34 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

i was gonna send you an ecard until i saw that you typed the word "rad" before ecard. sorry, your shit out a luck now. i dont talk to people that use such ffoul language.

oh, but anyway, i saw my drunk birthday girl frined was wearing this LCD belt yesterday that you can progrom yourself. she had ten different saying on it...her belt buckle..it was pretty much the best thing ive ever seen. she had "im thirsty bitch" scrolling on her belt and "um, yes im still talking" cause , ya, she talks alot. anywhoo..she looked just like you and i thought of you..(plus she was wearing a pink boa and a frilly tiara..)

11:33 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

that's it.

i'm getting me one of those rad lcd belts now.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

They can be found here.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home